Wildflower Seed in the Sand and Wind

My eyes-Help them to Look as well as to See

Name:
Location: The Triangle, North Carolina, United States

I try to keep an open heart & open mind.

Monday, December 05, 2005

Predatory Towing

Have you ever been a victim of predatory towing? I have. Just this past weekend. It's a long story about why I even parked where I did, but that's not really the issue. The issue is that the towing company charges an impound fee for every day they have your vehicle. However, conveniently they are not open on the weekends, so you can't even pick your car up once it's been towed. Regardless, they still charge you the storage fee for those days.

So, my car most likely got towed Friday around midnight. I didn't discover the tow until Saturday evening about 5:00. Nonetheless, I was told I couldn't come by until Monday morning to pick up my car. So, I go get it & find that I've been charged a $125 tow, and $25 times 4 days impound fee. That's $225 total. I know the car didn't get there until Saturday technically, so why did I pay for Friday storage. And I would have gladly taken it off their hands on Saturday, but could not because of being closed. Sunday-same reason-Closed. And Monday? Why am I paying for the day that I picked the car up? When I asked the towing man how he could live with himself, his answer was that this was how everyone does it.

It's pretty much extortion, if you ask me.

2 Comments:

Blogger Original Me said...

Old Russell was the victim of "senseless towing" many times. He cursed towing trucks any time he saw one. He pretty much concluded that anyone in that business made a deal with the devil.

7:42 AM  
Blogger Tennisman1939 said...

Check out my blog on Predatory Towing

http://sftow.blogspot.com/

4:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home