Wildflower Seed in the Sand and Wind

My eyes-Help them to Look as well as to See

Name:
Location: The Triangle, North Carolina, United States

I try to keep an open heart & open mind.

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Cranberries Blow, They Don't Suck

I just have quick Thanksgiving related story to tell.

Last Friday, my department at work had our annual Thanksgiving potluck. It's just another excuse for co-workers to eat themselves silly and complain about how tired they are that afternoon.

Anyway, one of our only male co-workers signed up to bring cranberries. And of course, he didn't make home made cranberries. No, only the best would do and he purchase canned cranberries. Now, I'm not a cranberry fan (the band is okay, but the fruit not so much). I don't hate them. I just could take or leave them. So I really don't know if home made are better than canned, and frankly haven't contemplated it that much.

Nevertheless, I certainly wasn't going to have them-THANK GOD.

I was in the kitchen preparing the instant mashed potatoes that another coworker had brought to make but had to leave for a sick child. My male co-worker came in and started to "prepare" the cransberries. He opened the can with the manual can opener and realized that he couldn't get them to slide out. He then had a wise idea.

He proceeded to poke a hole in the bottom the can. I have no idea what instrument he used to do this because I was trying not to pay attention. And then he blew the cranberries out of the can and onto the serving dish. Feeling very proud of his resourcefulness, he didn't think to keep his cranberry preparation top secret and told me. Now this was information that I really couldn't be trusted with.

Did I tell anyone?

Not until today. Was that mean?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home