Wildflower Seed in the Sand and Wind

My eyes-Help them to Look as well as to See

Name:
Location: The Triangle, North Carolina, United States

I try to keep an open heart & open mind.

Thursday, October 05, 2006

The Eyes Have It

Last night I came home to pour myself a glass of one of my favorite beverages-Coca Cola.

Now, I'm going to digress and rehash an old observation that stand up comics have probably already covered in a much funnier fashion circa early 1990's, but why the hell did Coca Cola ever come out with New Coke only to revert back to Coca Cola Classic?? The guy that came up with that idea was hopefully fired, or at least demoted- if he had a family to support. I'm not heartless, you know. The Pepsi vs. Coke debate will rage on until the end of time or at least until our stomachs have rotted, but I have found that you either like Coca Cola for its crisp, carbonated flavor or you like Pepsi for it sugary, flat taste. It's not like Coca Cola needed to recruit drinkers over to their side, because you drink Coke because it's not Pepsi. It's like the Outback deciding to serve Burger King whoppers. So yes, I was quite upset when New Coke was introduced, only to be elated when Coca-Cola Classic was revived.

Anyway, back to the regularly scheduled post. I went to pour my drink (i.e. and by that I mean I went to drink straight out of the bottle) and I noticed that the Coca Cola label had been removed from the bottle. I asked my husband about this and he said it had to be removed because the label contained something of a highly offensive nature. I couldn't figure out what it could be and then I was reminded of the menancing eyes that were on the label when I bought it. I just figured it was in spirit of Halloween. But no, you see, the Coca Cola label was actually depicting the eyes of a wolf. And not just any wolf, but the wolf as in the NC State Wolfpack.

Only a true college football fan would understand my husband's seemingly juvenile reaction. Ask a Sooner what what they would do if a cornhusker was on the label of their pop. Okay maybe not the best example. So maybe you could ask the Crimson tide what they would do if the eyes of gator appeared on their label of sodey. (By the way, we would have a big problem with that one too, as would the Vols, the Bulldogs, the Gamecocks , etc.) As I have mentioned before my husband and I are graduates of FSU and thereby avid fans of Florida State football. And while in our day that affiliation was worn as a badge of pride, these days...well how can I say this...not so much so. I can go on and on about the reasons we think the Seminoles suck these days, but I will refrain. *cough cough Jeff cough cough*

Nonetheless I now have a label-less Coca Cola two liter because my husband ripped off the label and threw it in the most appropriate place, the trash. Now we'll just have to see if the trash talk can continue tomorrow.

3 Comments:

Blogger Original Me said...

The shame!! State won last night?? Shame!

9:07 AM  
Blogger amyd said...

**speechless**

but not surprised

12:03 PM  
Blogger amyd said...

I agree. The only satisfaction I'm getting this season is to see teams I hate lose. Kinda pathetic, I know.

6:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home