Wildflower Seed in the Sand and Wind

My eyes-Help them to Look as well as to See

Name:
Location: The Triangle, North Carolina, United States

I try to keep an open heart & open mind.

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Nosy McSnoopington and Blabby St. Bigmouth

I suppose many a parent has faced this dilemma.

How far would you go to protect your child's privacy? Or, in other words what would it take for you to grossly violate your child's privacy?

And if you couldn't resist the lure and chose to violate your child's privacy by reading, say a diary or a journal, and confided the contents of what you found to your significant other would you be a horrible parent?

And what if you were that significant other who was just provided with sensitive, top secret information and proceeded to tease your child about that sensitive, top secret information? Would YOU be considered a terrible parent?

Furthermore, if the original snoop became angry because his/her trusted confidant spilled the beans on the inappropriate violation of privacy he/she was guilty of , would the snoop have justification to be angry?

And if you were the parent who teased your child about the top secret, sensitive information that the snoop uncovered in his/her daily rummaging, would you be free and clear from any culpability in the matter?

These are purely hypothetical questions...

Nonetheless, I would never have opened my big mouth.

But I do hope that the diary is well hidden now or has a lock that can't be picked.

4 Comments:

Blogger Original Me said...

Now I want to know what it says too!!! ...oh, to have the "problems" of an 8-year old!

7:40 AM  
Blogger amyd said...

morgan-oh boy my daughter may just well be a comedian when she reaches adulthood

yaya-did you know that Mathew is a "hotie" and that he couldn't stop staring? ho hum, the problems of an 8 year old.

2:29 PM  
Blogger gawilli said...

My mom used to say, "Be careful what you want my friend, or you will surely get it." I stayed away from my kids diaries because it always seemed better to just talk.

4:04 PM  
Blogger amyd said...

Morgan, hate to be anticlimatic, but he was just staring at her-at least that was her perception

gawilli-I wholeheartedly agree with that advice. My goal is to squelch that curiousity & respect her privacy. For now her thoughts are harmless, but who knows what the teen years will bring.

7:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home