Wildflower Seed in the Sand and Wind

My eyes-Help them to Look as well as to See

Name:
Location: The Triangle, North Carolina, United States

I try to keep an open heart & open mind.

Friday, November 02, 2007

Bullet the Blue Sky

To get reacquainted, I am going to post bullets. Now this is a challenge for me because my natural inclination is to go on an on and be wordy in my writing by using long run-on sentences that mirror my wandering thoughts. This is also why I'm not as comfortable with public speaking. I have to do a lot of it for my job, but most if it is rehearsed so it doesn't stress me out. But, to have to speak off the cuff-not so good at it. I'm one of those people who thinks of the perfect thing to say about a day later. So, writing has always been my comfort zone. The place where I have time to construct, re-organize, edit and revise my thoughts -all in my own sweet time. I can back space/delete when something comes out like... "Hmpt, um, um.. like, you know." And now that I have typed about 784 characters (with spaces) so far, you can see why being consise and to the point is extremely difficult for me. Further evidenced by the fact that I just used about another 135 characters with that last sentence. So let's get down to business. The following list is a brief recap of what's been going on:

• Learned new database system at work. The month of July, did it exist?

• Went on vacation and rented a spectacular cabin in the NC mountains. Hot tub, pool table, fine furnishings, awesome wide-range views, privacy.

• Saw the oldest growth forest on the East Coast at Joyce Kilmer National Forest.

• Communed with goats at husband's aunt's farm. They are rather cute critters.

• Allowed 9 year old daughter to attend first "dance" and now she has been exposed to Soulja Boy. You can shield them only so long.

• Hosted a Hannah Montana karaoke party for 7 nine year olds. Note to self: plan for 2 hour party next time, 3 hours is just too long to entertain a gaggle of pre-teen girls.

•Fought with Oriental Trading company regarding shipping costs for the deluxe Hannah Montana party package that did not arrive in the time frame of postage purchased. First was offered hush money in the form of a gift certificate. Finally successfuly lobbied for a credit and still received the gift certificate. Which I probably won't ever use, unless I get a sudden urge to throw a luau party or need glow sticks. On second thought, I might use it after all.

• Was fussed out by husband for not trying to purchase Hannah Montana concert tickets exactly when they went on sale. I naively figured I would buy them at my own convenience. Who knew the singing sensation would attract ticketbots and that my husband would be devastated about not going?

• Bought tickets to the fall Cure tour only to have the tour postponed until spring. Robert the perfectionist just had to make sure they had a good album to put out. Missed the Morrissey theater tour also, wah!

• Had route to Virginia campground blocked by a Fall parade in Charlotte Courthouse further delaying trip by 45 minutes.

• Had car rammed by a buck in the Virginia mountains, fortunately no major damage occurred.

• Attended a homecoming concert event at an all boys college in Virginia. Got dubbed the "potty line patrol" because I dared to tell a drunk college boy that tried to cut in front of me in the port-a-potty line that I had been waiting long before he walked up to the just vacated port-a-potty. Waiting in line obviously is not something that affluent white college boys know anything about (I know sweeping generalization but I call like I see 'em.)

• Remained sorely disappointed in a certain college football team. "Nuff said.

• Allowed my 9 year old daughter to dress up as Devilicious for Halloween. It is a "cute" costume from the Drama Queens collection that aims to groom the next Britney Spears.

• Totally procrastinated on my thesis. I'm still in data collection phase, but should be analyzing data and writing results if I had hoped to graduate in December. Now new target date for graduation is now April 08. Ugh!

So things have happened as you can see, although they don't seem so exciting and rich in detail when written down in bullets. I guess you had to be there, or maybe they need the benefit of more characters?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home