Wildflower Seed in the Sand and Wind

My eyes-Help them to Look as well as to See

Name:
Location: The Triangle, North Carolina, United States

I try to keep an open heart & open mind.

Thursday, November 01, 2007

Reach Out and Touch Someone

Riiiiiiing!

Blog: Hello?

Me: Hey, Blog whattup? It's me.

Blog: Ohmigod! I haven't heard from you in like... forever.

Me: I know, I know. You know how it is. Busy with work, school, the kid. I know it's no excuse to lose touch for so long, though.

Blog: I know how it is. I've been thinking about you too.

Me: It's just that I had every intention to call you up many times before. But before you know it the day is over and then another day passes. After so much time elapses it just feels weird to call. And then even more time goes by and before you know it, you have totally lost touch.

Blog: That's okay, I understand. I was just hoping you weren't avoiding me, or worse breaking up with me.

Me: Oh, no! Not at all. I adore you.

Blog: Great! Because I am nothing without you. I exist only for you. I need you to feel alive. Now, doesn't that make you feel special?

Me: You do make me feel oh so special, but now you're sounding a little obsessive. You're not going to start stalking me, are you?

Blog: Um, no. Just check in on me every once in a while. I didn't mean to scare you. I'm sorry. Is that what drove you away in the first place?

Me: I know you didn't mean to scare me, and no, I wasn't "driven away" as you put it. It's just that, to quote the fine songwriter Mr. Peter Cetera, "everybody needs a little time away... from each other." Absense makes the heart grow fonder, right?

Blog: There you go again, quoting song lyrics. Welcome back, old friend. I sure missed you. Don't be a stranger for so long now.

Me: I won't. Look, I gotta go back to work now. But I will talk to you soon; we have a lot of catching up to do.

Blog: Okay, bye-bye. I'll be here faithfully waiting to soak up all your amusing stories and life observations.

Me: Oh, that's sweet. Now I remember why I love you so much. I promise to do better and start giving you the attention you deserve. Good-bye Blog.

Blog: Bye-bye

SILENCE

Me: Well, are you going to hang up?

Blog: I was waiting for you to hang up first.

Me: You hang up first.

Blog: No, you hang up first

Me; What? Are we 13 year olds? Let's hang up at the same time.

Blog: Ok

Me: On the count of three, 1...2....3

Click...
Click...
Dial tone

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home