Wildflower Seed in the Sand and Wind

My eyes-Help them to Look as well as to See

Name:
Location: The Triangle, North Carolina, United States

I try to keep an open heart & open mind.

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Women and Tools

This morning I has to stop at the little gas station/food market to put air in my tire. You see I have a very slow leak and I've been too lazy to take it in to get patched. So I've been content to fill it up every couple of weeks as needed. As I was inflating the tire and checking the tire pressure with the handy dandy tire gauge my husband purchased for me and put in my glove compartment, the Nature's Own bread delivery guy was getting into his bread truck that was parked next to me.

He exclaimed as he passed by: "Woo-ee! A woman who knows how to use tire gauge. You don't see that too often. I like it!"

I was feeling pretty good, but really it's just a tire gauge. Regardless of the level of skill needed to operate a tire gauge, I will take my compliments when I can get them. And these days, I will take one even if it sounds sexist. Perhaps the guy is used to seeing women in aprons with egg beaters and rolling pins. Certainly not accustomed to seeing women who can authoritatively use tools and fix things besides sandwiches.

Just wait until they see my prowess with the chain saw my husband is getting for father's day. I may have to beat them away with that rolling pin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home